Wilmington YMCA Sprint Triathlon--Novice
Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is for the beginning triathlete who has competed in a few sprint triathlons and is interested in attempting a longer distance race. The Wilmington Triathlon is a great choice, as both the run and bike are held on a flat course and the swim is in open water. Before starting this plan you are capable of swimming 3 times per week at 30 to 40 minutes per session, able to cycle comfortably for at least 60 minutes (outdoors, stationary bike and or spin classes) and should be able to run for at least 30 minutes. You should be able to workout 45 to 90 minutes per day during the week and up 2 hours and 15 minutes per day on the weekends.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?