Sprint Triathlon Training Plan (NOVICE, 10 Weeks, Sunday Race), Email Support + Reusable
David Glover, MS, CSCS - More than 5,000 athletes have used my plans on TrainingPeaksAll plans by this Coach
Our Plan. Your Courage & Commitment. Success!
Designed for the NOVICE triathlete, this 10-week structured and periodized plan designed by David Glover, MS, CSCS will prepare you for a Sprint Triathlon (typically 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run).
The plan includes 2 workouts each of swim, bike and run plus a BRICK and ranges from 3 to 5 hours (max) of training per week with Monday as the designated off day. Included also with this plan is our proprietary downloadable training guide.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
• Swim: 50 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 40 minutes
• Run or Run/Walk: 30 minutes
For more information about this plan, please DOWNLOAD the Description Document.
• This training plan starts any Monday and should be set to end on Sunday of race weekend.
• You can reuse this training plan for future races.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:02 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|1:55 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|1:07 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:02 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||1:55 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||1:07 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?