Sprint Triathlon Training Plan (EXPERIENCED, 10 Weeks, Sunday Race), Email Support + Reusable
David Glover, MS, CSCS - More than 5,000 athletes have used my plans on TrainingPeaksAll plans by this Coach
Our Plan. Your Courage & Commitment. Success!
When you cross the finish line of your Sprint triathlon, you've accomplished something very special.
Designed for EXPERIENCED triathletes who have completed multiple sprint and/or international distance triathlons, the primary goal of this 10-week training plan is to prepare you to EXCEL in YOUR Sprint Triathlon on race day
Crafted by USA Triathlon-certified coach and former pro triathlete David Glover, MSE, MS, CSCS, this plan encapsulates his passion for the sport, his experience from completing 100+ triathlons and his success in coaching hundreds of triathletes.
Starting 10 weeks before your goal race, this plan progresses through one base period and one build period (8.5 hours in biggest training week) prior to peaking and tapering the last two weeks. Following the base period, each week typically contains 3x swims, 3x bikes and 3x runs plus 1 BRICK run. You will build up to: 3,000 yards (or meters) swimming, 1.5 hrs biking and 50 minutes running. Your long ride is Saturday, long run is Sunday and off day is Monday. Although not necessary, we recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with perceived effort; you may also use a GPS-device for running or power meter for cycling, too.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
- Swim: 300 meters or yards continuously
- Bike: 60 min
- Run: 30 min
Purchase of this plan includes our comprehensive 40+ page Triathlon Training Guide, which explains how to use your training plan plus email access to David Glover at any time for questions that you may have about this plan.
For more information about this plan, please DOWNLOAD the Description Document.
• This training plan starts any Monday and should be set to end on Sunday of race weekend.
• You can reuse this training plan for future races.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?