Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
“It's never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Elliot
Congratulations for taking on the challenge of a Sprint Triathlon!
Designed for the Female NOVICE triathlete, this 10-week structured and periodized plan designed by USAT-certified coach Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCS will prepare you for a Sprint Triathlon (typically 750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run).
The plan includes 2 workouts each of swim, bike and run plus a BRICK and ranges from 4 to 5 hours (max) of training per week with Monday as the designated off day. Included also with this plan is a comprehensive downloadable training guide.
Athletes should be able to complete the following workouts prior to beginning the plan:
• Swim: 50 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 40 minutes
• Run or Run/Walk: 30 minutes
Please note: This plan can be re-used in the future (change start or end date).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?