White Lake Sprint Triathlon--novice
Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 10-week plan is for the beginning triathlete who has competed in one or more sprint pool triathlons and is looking to complete an open water sprint. The White Lake Sprint is a great choice, as it is VERY flat. The water is crystal clear and the race is generally wet suit legal. Before starting this plan you are capable of swimming 2 times per week at 30 minutes per session, able to cycle comfortably for at least 45 minutes (outdoors, stationary bike and or spin classes) and should be able to run/walk for at least 20 minutes. You should be able to workout 30 to 75 minutes per day during the week and up 1 hour and 45 minutes per day on the weekends.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:11 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|1:17 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|2:00 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:11 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||1:17 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||2:00 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?