Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 10-week plan is for the beginning triathlete who has competed in one or more sprint pool triathlons and is looking to complete an open water sprint. Before starting this plan you are capable of swimming 2 times per week at 20-30 minutes per session, able to cycle comfortably for at least 30-45 minutes (outdoors, stationary bike and or spin classes) and should be able to run/walk for at least 20 minutes. You should be able to workout 30 to 75 minutes during the week and up 1 hour and 30 minutes on the weekends.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.