Triathlon Belews Lake Sprint-8 weeks Novice
Karen BuxtonAll plans by this Coach
This 8-week plan is for the novice triathlete who has competed in a few pool triathlons and is looking to complete a more challenging event in the open water. The Belews Lake Sprint is a great choice, as both the run and bike are held on a moderately rolling course and the swim is held in the calm & warm waters of Belews Lake. There are no steep climbs, but several “rollers” on the bike and the run is an out-and-back course with a downhill finish. Before starting this plan you should be capable of swimming 2-3 times per week at 20-30 minutes per session, able to cycle comfortably for at least 30-45 minutes (outdoors, stationary bike and or spin classes) and should be able to run/walk for at least 20-30 minutes. You should be able to workout 30 to 75 minutes per day during the week and up 1 hour and 45 minutes per day on the weekends.The plan's total weekly hours begin at 3:45 and build up to a max of 6:15 during week 6.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?