Intermediate 10-week Sprint triathlon plan
Marty GaalAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for intermediate level athletes - one or two years of race experience with 8-10 hours on average available to train each week. The plan averages 8 hours of training per week with several optional sessions and recovery periods included. On average the program includes 2-3 swims, 3 runs, 2-3 rides, and 1-2 strength sessions per week. Training effort is described via perceived effort (RPE) and HR guidelines.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:36 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:40 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:05 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:54 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|1:05 hrs||1:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:36 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:40 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:05 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:54 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||1:05 hrs||1:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?