Beginner 16-week Sprint triathlon plan
Marty GaalAll plans by this Coach
This program is designed for athletes new to structured triathlon training. The program assumes that athletes know how to swim. The first 4 weeks are 3 hours or under in order to become adjusted to a regular training schedule. The remaining weeks are in the 4-5 hour range with gradually increasing intensity. Training effort is explained via perceived effort (RPE) and/or heart rate. Modifications are offered for experience levels within the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?