MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is for the triathlete who wants to prepare for a Sprint Distance Triathlon race but is limited to between 6 and 10 hours of training per week.
Sprint Distance Triathlon = 750m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run.
What monitoring equipment do you require to get the most out of this training plan?
A heart rate monitor is essential for cycling and running sessions as the training zones are expressed in %THR (%Threshold Heart Rate)
Why use this training plan?
This training plan is the high volume, higher intensity phase that follows your base training.
The training is characterised by interval-type training that will build your lactate tolerance and fatigue resistance; key requirements for a great performance in a Sprint Distance Triathlon.
What can you expect?
This plan starts at 7 hours and 52 minutes and builds up to a maximum of 9 hours and 48 minutes per week.
Week 1: Test Week
Weeks 2 to 9: Build and Peak Training
Week 10: Taper Week
Week 11: Race Week
Access to Facilities
For the Swim Test, access 25m or 50m swimming pool is necessary.
For the Bike Test, an indoor trainer or WattBike would be great, but access to a flat continuous riding circuit will suffice.
For the Run Test, access to a flat 5km running route or circuit.
What is included with the training plan?
Included with this plan are sport-specific flexibility and core strength plans.
Access our FREE training tools to help you accurately set up your training zones.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.