Guy GniotczynskiAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to prepare a novice swimmer for the demands of the swim portion of a sprint triathlon. Daily workouts will be delivered through a free app called commit swimming, where I will better be able to manage your yardage and ensure you have very specific exercises tailored to you. Included in the plan is a biomechanical analysis of your stroke. I will need you to film and send it to me. Please reach out with questions prior to a purchase to make sure you have the correct plan.
Week one: Drills Evaluation of Swim Skills Total swim volume 1000 4 x per week
Week two: Drills, Total swim volume 1250 4 x per week on day 200 without stopping
Week three: Drills, Total swim volume 1500 4 x per week on day 250 without stopping
Week four: Drills, Total swim volume 1750 4 x per week on day 325 without stopping
Week five: Drills, Total swim volume 2000 4 x per week on day 400 without stopping
Week six: Drills, Total swim volume 1750 4 x per week on day 400 without stopping one day in open water
Week seven: revaluation of swim, Total swim volume 1250 4 x per week on day 300 without stopping min one day in open water
Week eight: RACE week! Max 1000 per day 4 x per week. 800-1000 is great. Just keep a feel for the water. Get in open water a few days before the tri.
Good luck, have fun and let me know your results!
If you are looking for a more advanced plan to improve swim speed, there is a different plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.