Barry BairdAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for the beginner level triathlete that desires to complete or improve their overall performance at the sprint distance. The 12 week program emphasizes “quality over quantity” for the busy athlete. Weekday workouts last one hour or less so you can maximize results and then get back to life. There are 8 workouts a week that are intensity focused, including endurance, progressive endurance and tempo sessions. A recovery week is included at the end of each 4 week block to allow your body to absorb and recover from all the hard work. Each workout is highly structured as you progress through a gradual warm-up, main set and then into a cool down. Intensity levels are based on Rating of Perceived Exertion (RPE).
The Sprint Triathlon - 12 Week Basic plan is designed by Endurance Lifestyle Group coach Barry Baird and embodies his passion and philosophy of quality workouts to get big results while maintaining a balanced life outside of training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.