Raymond BoardmanAll plans by this Coach
“Training for excellence, with excellent training.”
Designed for Beginner and Intermediate triathletes who are looking to create consistency within their training after taking a break or losing motivation in their training.
The primary goal of this training plan is to prepare you to have consistency within your training.
Crafted by myself, Ray Boardman PGDipSportsMed, PGDipRehab, PGCertSc (Exercise Science), BSc (Anatomy), DipSportsStudies this plan encapsulates my passion for the sport, my experience from completing dozens of Half and Full IRON-distance finishes and my success coaching hundreds of triathletes.
This programme is 4 weeks long (start any time) workouts start at about ~30min during the week with workouts in the weekend starting at the 60min mark. Over the 4 weeks these workouts build in duration to 60 minutes in the week, with longer sessions in the weekend.
Each week contains 2x swims, 2x bike rides, 2x runs and a flexibility session. Although not necessary, I recommend using a GPS watch (such as a Garmin) for running and a power meter (whether on the bike or a smart trainer) for cycling.
Purchase of this plan gives you access to my fortnightly coaching calls where you can ask me any training or racing related questions.
Training for another race distance? I also have training plans for IRON-distance Triathlons (3.8km Swim/180km Bike/42km Run) and Sprint & Olympic Triathlons plus Running Races (from 5k to marathon), too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.