Sprint Triathlon (Intermediate)
Nicole OdellAll plans by this Coach
This plan is geared for an intermediate triathlete, or a new triathlete with some swim/bike/run experience.
The plan starts with about 7 hours a week of training and peaks with about 11 hours a week. The longest swim is 2500yds (or meters), The longest bike is 2 hours, and the longest run is an hour.
The typical week is 3 swim workouts, 2 bike workouts, and 2 run workouts, though additional easy/base bike and/or run workouts can be added on swim days.
There are flexibility and strength workouts (via yoga) built into the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:59 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:44 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:46 hrs||1:19 hrs|
|2:18 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:59 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:44 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:46 hrs||1:19 hrs|
||2:18 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?