Sprint Distance Training Plan (Beginner / First-Timer, 12 Weeks, 3-6 Hours per Week, 1 Session/Day)
JP EliteAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for the most inexperienced BEGINNER triathlete looking to compete in their first SPRINT TRIATHLON. Training hours can be pushed up or down depending on athlete experience, and available training time. Altering the training hours will be explained in the training plan. This training plan will have full details to assist you on preparing for and completing your first triathlon, such as what clothes to wear, how to set up a transition, etc.
Designed by 2020 USA Triathlon Elite Development Coach of the Year, James Petersen. This plan contains years of knowledge coaching athletes from first-timers to professionals, and is designed to create a moldable training plan that fits your personal needs.
The plan has been built to start 12 weeks before your goal race, and averages between 3-6 hours per week. This plan is built for you to choose if your race is on a Saturday or Sunday.
Prior to using this training plan you should be able to:
- Swim 100 yards continuously
- Bike 20 minutes continuously
- Run 5 minutes continuously
This plan is based on perceived effort. Training efforts are described in plan.
- 12 Week Training Plan
- Basic fueling guidance
- Race day checklist
- Race day tips
- Race day pacing tips
- Session goals that help teach you about the sport and execution
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?