Mark PeacockAll plans by this Coach
This plan is ideal for busy people with not much time to spare , the plan is designed to enable a beginner/ intermediate ability athlete to successfully complete a pool based sprint triathlon on a maximum of 3 hrs 15 mins per week.
Mondays and Fridays are rest days ,Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are all 30 mins sessions with longer sessions ( max 60 mins ) at the weekend .
Sessions include swim, bike , run , brick and strength and conditioning. You don't need any equipment for the S&C sessions but fins , float and pull buoy would help with swim skills although most swimming pools have them laid around to borrow if you ask nicely .
Included to make it easy and simple for you are a full list of swim abbreviations used in the swim sessions and skills are explained. A bike ' m check ' is included to check your bike is roadworthy before each use and a triathlon kit check list is also included so you don't forget anything on race day.
All the sessions have lots of detail and are designed to build in 3 blocks including rest and test weeks towards your final goal.
There is also an explanation on the first rest day of how to use perceived effort throughout the plan if you don't have a heart rate monitor.
Also included is a race rehearsal weekend so you can get those nerves out of the way if you are a first timer.
I hope you enjoy the sessions as much as i did writing them.
Enjoy your training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.