KJ KroetchAll plans by this Coach
This is a plan for the first time athlete preparing for a sprint triathlon. It provides 12 weeks (3 months) of guidance to get you across your finish line! This plan will prepare you to finish a race up to 20% longer than the typical sprint triathlon distances (a sprint triathlon typically includes a 1/2 mile (750 m) swim, a 12.4 mile (20 km) bike, and a 3.1 mile (5 km) run).
Purchase of this plan also includes free email support from Coach KJ at All Terrain Endurance for any questions or clarifications of workouts for the duration of the plan. Contact KJ@AllTerrainEndurance.com.
This plan is right for you if:
-Athlete has some experience with each of the three disciplines of triathlon (swim, bike, and run) and can comfortably complete each of the following on their own:
-200 yard swim (150 m) - yes, some breaks at walls are ok!
-Able to ride a bike
-Run or jog 1 mile (2 km) - yes, some walking is ok!
-Athlete is healthy and cleared by their physician to start an exercise program.
-Athlete is looking for structure and proper building blocks to complete their first sprint triathlon.
This plan is broken down into three months:
Month 1 will introduce you to training as well as develop skills.
Month 2 will build your endurance.
Month 3 will build your triathlon specificity and get you ready to race.
Each month is broken into weeks, starting on Mondays. It is arranged to provide you with at least one day completely off, two swims, two bike rides, and two runs.
This plan is based on "Rate of Perceived Exertion," or RPE.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.