AGNC-Sprint-Advanced. 12 weeks. 9-12 hpw.
AGSN - Sprint – Advanced – 12 weeks – 9-12 hpw
Plan is balanced across all 3 sports. Format is 3 week build with one week recovery (3 on/1 off) with one week taper to nationals.
This plan assumes that you have some aerobic base training before you start and you are ready to step up to harder efforts to prep for a national championship event.
It is your choice to do the workouts back to back or space them out through the day. Harder efforts, unless otherwise indicated, are best done with a relatively rested and primed body.
Measuring and understanding intensity. There are several guidelines you can follow:
1. RPE – Rating of Perceived Exertion. On a scale of 0-10, how hard am I working? 0 = lying in bed; 10 = all out sprint
2. Heart rate zones. Enter your threshold heart rate (Settings>>Zones) in TrainingPeaks to have your zones calculated automatically. Heart rate used mostly for bike and run.
3. Power (watts) zones. Enter your threshold watts (Settings>>Zones) in TrainingPeaks to have your zones calculated automatically. Power mostly used for cycling, available also for running.
4. Pace zones. Enter your threshold paces (Settings>>Pace) in TrainingPeaks to have your zones calculated automatically. Paces are mostly used for running and swimming.
5. Race pace effort. Run paces are also based on your effort for specific race distances: 3k, 5k, 10k, ½ marathon, etc.
6. Threshold (zone 4). There are many definitions of threshold. For the purposes of this plan, threshold is defined as your fastest sustainable pace or effort for the distance of a single interval and/or through a set of intervals. For example, a 10 minute threshold effort will be different from a 10x1 minute threshold efforts.
Common abbreviations used: s = seconds; mins = minutes;
Includes basic strength training workouts.
As always, please view this plan as a dynamic plan. Arrange the days as needed to fit your schedule and abilities. Push your abilities as you prepare for the race, yet be mindful that you must stay healthy and injury free in the process to ensure your best race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:06 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|3:48 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|2:20 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:06 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||3:48 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||2:20 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.