Matt FitzgeraldAll plans by this Coach
The Level 8-10 Sprint Triathlon Training Plans are best thought of as crash training plans for triathletes with a sound base of swim, bike, and run fitness who, for whatever reason, decide they want to peak for a sprint triathlon soon – in 12 weeks. The Level 10 plan packs as much sprint-focused training into 12 weeks as you will ever need to do. It’s not so much the raw volume as the volume of high-intensity training that will whip you into fantastic shape – or wear you down, if you’re not prepared to handle it.
The plan begins with a short, 3-week base phase. The following build phase is 4 weeks long and the final 5 weeks comprise the peak phase. There are 12 workouts in a typical week – 4 swims, 4 rides, and 4 runs. Weeks 2, 4, and 6 include an extra, 10-minute transition run after Friday’s ride; in weeks 8 and 10, the separate ride and run scheduled for Saturday are collapsed into a single bike-run brick workout. Monday is a rest day every week and weeks 4 and 8 are recovery weeks. The final week is a taper week.
The Level 10 plan begins with 9,700 yards of swimming, 5 hours and 20 minutes of cycling, and 3 hours and 3 minutes of running in Week 1. It peaks with 12,600 yards of swimming, 7 hours and 50 minutes of cycling, and 4 hours and 12 minutes of running in Week 11.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.