Matt FitzgeraldAll plans by this Coach
The Level 6 sprint triathlon training plan is appropriate for triathletes who already have a decent base of swim, bike, and run fitness and want to not just finish a sprint triathlon, but finish well. Most of the workouts in this plan are a notch or two more challenging than those in the Level 5 plan.
The plan includes 3 swim workouts, 3 rides, and 3 runs in a typical week. There’s a fourth run in the even-numbered weeks, which include either a 10-minute transition run following Saturday’s foundation ride or a brick workout instead of Saturday’s ride (weeks 8 and 19).
The base phase lasts from Week 1 through Week 4; the build phase from Week 5 through Week 8; and the peak phase from Week 9 through Week 12. Weeks 4 and 8 are recovery weeks. Week 12 is a taper week.
The Level 6 plan begins with a total of 4,700 yards of swimming, 3 hours of cycling, and 1 hour and 53 minutes of running in Week 1. It peaks with a total of 6,350 yards of swimming, 4 hours and 30 minutes of cycling, and 2 hours and 44 minutes of running in Week 11.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?