Matt FitzgeraldAll plans by this Coach
Choose this plan if you’re up to doing three workouts per week in each discipline, but wish to stay close to the minimum amount of training that such a schedule entails.
The Level 5 sprint triathlon training plan is appropriate for triathletes who already have a decent base of swim, bike, and run fitness and want to not just finish a sprint triathlon, but finish well. It includes 3 swim workouts, 3 rides, and 3 runs in a typical week. There’s a fourth run in the even-numbered weeks, which include either a 10-minute transition run following Saturday’s foundation ride or a brick workout instead of Saturday’s ride (weeks 8 and 19).
The base phase lasts from Week 1 through Week 4; the build phase from Week 5 through Week 8; and the peak phase from Week 9 through Week 12. Weeks 4 and 8 are recovery weeks. Week 12 is a taper week.
The plan begins with a total of 4,300 yards of swimming, 2 hours and 30 minutes of cycling, and 1 hour and 43 minutes of running in Week 1. It peaks with a total of 5,500 yards of swimming, 4 hours and 20 minutes of cycling, and 2 hours and 32 minutes of running in Week 11.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?