Matt FitzgeraldAll plans by this Coach
This is also a very low-volume plan for triathletes beginning at square one, but the workouts are a little longer than those in Level 1.
The plan is designed to prepare you to successfully complete a sprint triathlon in 12 weeks. It entails just one workout per day, six days per week: two swims, two rides, and two runs. (There’s a third weekly run in weeks 8 and 10, where Saturday’s ride is replaced with a bike-run brick workout.)
The Level 2 plan is divided into three phases. Weeks 1-3 constitute the base phase; the next four weeks make up the build phase; and the last five are the peak phase. Weeks 4 and 8 are recovery weeks, with slightly reduced training to give your body a chance to absorb recent training and prepare for the harder workouts to come. Week 12 – race week – is a taper week, meaning your training tapers off during the week to ensure you’re rested and ready to perform on race day.
It begins with a total of 1,400 yards of swimming, 1 hour of cycling, and 45 minutes of running in Week 1. It peaks with 2,650 yards of swimming, 2 hours and 15 minutes of cycling, and 1 hour and 21 minutes of running in Week 11.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.