USA Triathlon and IRONMAN Certified Coach Justin RoederAll plans by this Coach
This 16 week program is perfect for the absolute beginner triathlete looking to finish their first triathlon!
Following this training plan will allow you to complete a variety of popular sprint triathlon distances. After completion of this program you will be prepared to swim 300-750 yards, bike 8-15 miles, and run 1-4 miles.
The 16 week program could be condensed to as less as 8 weeks if necessary.
Athletes begin this program with just over 1 hour of exercise a week and top out at 5 hours of workouts. With 1 workout a day this is ideal for the time crunched beginner triathlete looking to finish their first triathlon!
This plan offers 1 rest day a week, 2 bikes, 2 runs, and 2 swims after 4 weeks of building volume. Rookie triathletes can look forward to testing their fitness on week 13 with the addition of a weekly BRICK (bike / run combo) workout.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?