Stacy MusunuruAll plans by this Coach
8-Week Beginner Sprint Triathlon Plan w/ Workout Builder
This is a training plan for time-constrained athletes who have done 1-2 sprint triathlons and are moving onto open water sprint triathlons. This plan introduces open water skills in the pool first and then will have two open water skill sessions during weeks 6 and 7. Athletes should NEVER go open swimming alone. Always swim with others in a designated swim area that has a lifeguard present.
There is an average of 2 swims, 2 runs and 2 bikes each week, in addition to a 'brick' workout once a week for the last six weeks. Week 4 is a recovery week and week 8 is a taper/race week.
Athlete must be injury free and physically and medically cleared by a physician to start this triathlon training program. Athlete should be without injury and without any known cardiovascular risk factors. Athlete must have be consistently exercising on most days of the week before beginning this plan. Athlete should be able to swim 500m, run for 30 mins and bike continuously for 60 mins before starting.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?