Pool Based Sprint 12 week Programme - Intermediate - email access + check in phone call with coach
Dean HughesAll plans by this Coach
Pool Based triathlon training plan for Intermediate athletes - 400m swim/22km bike/5km run.
This plan is specific to an undulating bike and run course.
Athletes who can dedicate an average of 4.30-7 hours a week to train and who have already completed a pool based sprint triathlon and are exercising regular. At the start of the plan volume will be lower to allow your body to adapt to training for a multi discipline sport. You maybe stronger on one of the 3 disciplines, but balance of the overall training load has been implemented to help avoid injury and above all ensure you enjoy training for the event! :)
Also included in the plan will be strength and conditioning (S and C) exercises to help prevent injuries and improve performance on all 3 disciplines.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:55 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:14 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:11 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|2:05 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:55 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:14 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:11 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||2:05 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?