Doddsy's Starter base plan for Sprint Triathlon
Tony DoddsAll plans by this Coach
Just starting off with Triathlon? have some sort of fitness capability?
Here is a Base 8 week Triathlon plan formed by myself (Olympic and Commonwealth Games Triathlete).
Focused on Aerobic fitness, all swimming has specific technique sessions and written programs to get you better with every session.
Running increases gradually but mainly sticking to the Aerobic system.
8 weeks and we shall have you ready to kick into gear for the upcoming season!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:02 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|1:00 hrs||1:10 hrs|
|3:04 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:02 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||1:00 hrs||1:10 hrs|
||3:04 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?