8-week Sprint Plan for Beginner/Intermediate Triathletes
Alissa AndersonAll plans by this Coach
This eight-week sprint plan is a simple to follow plan for beginner to intermediate triathletes. It is a low-to-moderate-volume plan that is appropriate for beginners and also those who have experience in the sport of triathlon, but have limited time to train. The plan prescribes 2 swims, 2 bikes, and 3 runs per week. The weekly volume ranges from 4 to 7.5 hours. This is a Monday to Sunday plan, so the plan should be applied to your Training Peaks account with a Monday start date. If your race is on a Saturday, we suggest modifying the final week, rather than starting the plan on a Sunday, so that your long workouts still fall on the weekends. Friday is the rest day as this plan is written and the 4th week is a rest week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?