Beginner 12 week Sprint Triathlon Plan
Denise TerryAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed for the beginner athlete who wants to complete their first sprint triathlon. This plan does not include speed work but rather focuses on easy and steady efforts building aerobic endurance and fitness. The early part of the plan consists of two swims, two bikes and two runs each week. As the plan progresses a third run is added to incorporate brick workouts. You will need access to a pool with associated gear (swim suit, goggles, swim cap), a bike in good working condition and a good pair of running shoes.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:32 hrs||1:45 hrs|
|1:01 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:32 hrs||1:45 hrs|
||1:01 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?