KAPOW! Sprint Triathlon Plan - Beginner Triathlete - Maximum 6 hours per week for 12 weeks
G U E R I L L A
The G U E R I L L A plan for a committed rookie that wants to break into Triathlon. The 12 week plan will gently build from low intensity introduction workouts to more structured sessions. Three distinct phases: BASE - BUILD - PERFORMANCE. All workouts have the race in week 12 as the focus. The plan is geared on athletes with a low starting level of fitness but with importantly the desire to improve and work in a clear & targeted way. A power meter is not needed nor a Heart Rate Monitor. But workouts can be exported to Garmin devices. Intensity levels are measured by "rate of perceived of exertion". Athletes will be race ready by week 12. Recovery and strength work are a key element here to counteract Triathletes tendency to lose focus in "softer" session. We endorse Yoga as a way of building core strength - balance - posture and breathing. The plan will get you to the start line knowing that you are physically and mentally prepared to race - KAPOW!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.