This plan assumes a complete beginner with little or no race experience.
An holistic approach with step by step instructions to prepare the beginner for all they need to get to the start line of their first race.
You'll need a pair of good running shoes and a bike with helmet, after that you're good to go.
It's 6 weeks but if you bring some base fitness from bike or run then simply jump in at the appropriate distance out from your first race - we'll soon have you race-day ready!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.