USA Triathlon and IRONMAN Certified Coach Justin RoederAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week program is perfect for the beginner triathlete looking to finish their first triathlon!
Following this training plan will allow you to complete a variety of popular sprint triathlon distances. After completion of this program you will be prepared to swim 300-750 yards, bike 8-15 miles, and run 1-4 miles.
The 12 week program could be condensed to as less as 8 weeks if necessary. Contact Coach Justin Roeder for alterations. Within this program the athlete will follow a 6 day training cycle with one rest day a week. If the athlete needs 2 days off the plans can be altered as well.
Athletes begin this program with just under 2 hours of exercise a week and top out at 5 hours of workouts. With 1 workout a day this is ideal for the time crunched beginner triathlete looking to finish their first triathlon!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?