Beginner Sprint in 8 weeks
Louis CicchinoAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for somebody who can swim 50 meters/yards (one lap) in the pool, bike for a sustained effort at 30 minutes and has run a stand alone 5K.
We will start by discussing efforts and zones by using the Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) scale and applying those to zones.
Zone1 will fall into 1-3 on the RPE scale and feels very light to easy
Z2 will fall into the 3-5 on the RPE scale and feels moderately light to moderate but still in conversation effort
Z3 is 5-7 on the RPE scale and is moderate with heavy breathing to mod/hard but able to talk a few words
Z4 is 7-9 on the RPE scale and is hard enough that you can't talk but you can hold this effort for 60 minutes
Z5 is a 10 on the RPE scale and is maximal effort
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|1:48 hrs||1:10 hrs|
|1:10 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||1:48 hrs||1:10 hrs|
||1:10 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?