TRIATHLON SWIM SPEED SHOCK | AG | PERFORMANCE 6 WEEKS
Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: n/a SPEED SHOCK
Suitable for: Intermediate | Advanced SWIMMING 3-5 TIMES A WEEK
Suitable for an athlete conditioned or regularly training in this sport, or fit enough from other sports to require a challenging programme of improvement in their chosen discipline. Your goal may be a personal best, finishing high up in a banner event or representing your club regularly. You may also be stepping up a distance and want to do this in a smart way that maximises your resistance to injury and avoids overtraining. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve.
The 'SHOCK' plan will work your high end pace and sprint speeds ensuring that you knock significant time off your swim performance at the end of the training period. Shorter harder sessions are in the week, with a longer swim at the weekend. You swim 4 times a week, and can combine the pure speed sessions with your own top and tail slower warm ups, cool downs and endurance work if you want to keep the distance up.
It is POOL BASED' All timings are set according to your swim ability from the initial test you undertake, or from effort levels of understanding of your current pace. This swim boost programme is authored by a leading technical swim and Ironman Certified coach
The programme is deliberately short, 6 weeks and you’ll need to know how to use a pool clock or timing device to pace yourself. If you want to view other swimmer’s comments on the programme and coaching methodology, please visit www.swimwerkx.com.
Plan includes all tests, calculators and sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Free Swim Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions if required to make it perfect for you!
Good luck, now go get in the water!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices: