Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: Supersprint & Sprint Triathlon RACE ON SATURDAY [INCLUDES PRO TRANSITION TIPS GUIDE]
Suitable for: Novice | Beginner
Suitable for an unconditioned athlete new to the sport or discipline, or someone returning after a long layoff from regular activity, perhaps injury or child birth. You may be doing something important to you or an event for a charity. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve. We recommend that you book a target event or race to provide motivation and announce your intentions on social media, so you get support from your friends and family
This plan is suitable for a novice planning on doing their first Sprint [750m swim, 20k bike, 5K run] Triathlon or Super Sprint distance [up to 400m swim, 10k bike, 2.5k run].
You WILL need a pull buoy for swim, or a float you can put between your thighs for portions of your swim sessions, and ideally a turbo trainer ['turbo' - an indoor apparatus that allows you to cycle indoors using your own bike] or access to an indoor bike or spin machine as its safer to work hard indoors rather than on the road if you are a beginner to cycling. You can probably swim around 200m plus front crawl or any stroke, or would like to, without stopping, run for about 2.5K and bike 10K already. If this is too easy for you then try our intermediate novice plan
The plan is based on HEART RATE, [ as measured by a wrist based sensor or chest strap connected to your training device, usually a watch] and consists of shorter workouts suitable for fast improvement over 20 weeks. You start with endurance and will, like the pros be doing more speed based shorter work as the plan progresses. You do NOT need to be fit to start this plan If you don't have a heart rate monitor or don't want to buy one then select the same plan with 'EFFORT' in the title RACE SAT
There is a professional 'taper' so that you arrive fresh for your SATURDAY race PLUS a whole bunch of triathlon race tips for the new and not so new triathlete!
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks+
• Access to bike power software, turbotraining.co.uk FREE until March 2018
• Free Swim Technique Video Library on YouTube
• Free Run Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?