Mikael ErikssonAll plans by this Coach
Unique benefits of this plan (that few, if any, other plans have):
-Sessions ccategorised as A, B, and C sessions to help you decide which workout to skip if life gets in the way
-In addition to tips for the actual workouts, the plan contains tips on what your focus points should be on a weekly level, what the purpose of each week is, and tips on planning your race, how to stay healthy and injury-free, and more.
-Plenty of links and additional resources. Not sure how to sight in open water swimming? No problem, this plan links to the best instructional video on the topic, and the same goes for other topics like foam-rolling, etc.
This plan will help intermediate triathletes race their fastest sprint distance triathlon ever in 12 weeks. The structured and specific progression of the workouts in the plan will see to that. If you typically finish between the top-20% and top-75% of your age-group this plan will suit you well.
The plan is simple and easy-to-follow. It is based on pace (for running) and heart rate (for cycling). You don't need any prior knowledge about structured training endurance sports to be able to follow it. Everything is clearly explained in the plan.
There is on average 7 hours of training per week, over 6 workouts. The lightest week is 4 hours, and the hardest has 9 hours of training.
This plan is also available as versions based on bike power instead of heart rate and based on run power instead of pace to guide intensity. See https://www.trainingpeaks.com/coach/mikael-eriksson.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.