Mikael ErikssonAll plans by this Coach
Unique benefits of this plan (that few, if any, other plans have):
-Sessions ccategorised as A, B, and C sessions to help you decide which workout to skip if life gets in the way
-In addition to tips for the actual workouts, the plan contains tips on what your focus points should be on a weekly level, what the purpose of each week is, and tips on planning your race, how to stay healthy and injury-free, and more.
-Plenty of links and additional resources. Not sure how to sight in open water swimming? No problem, this plan links to the best instructional video on the topic, and the same goes for other topics like foam-rolling, etc.
This plan will help complete beginners or triathletes with a couple of races behind them prepare for a sprint distance race in 8-weeks.
For the first-timer, the plan will make sure you complete the race with no issues, and can enjoy it. For the triathlete who has already completed a triathlon or two before, the structured progression of the plan will help you go faster.
The plan is simple and easy-to-follow. It is based on RPE (Rating of Perceied Exertion). You don't need any prior knowledge about endurance sports to be able to follow it.
There is on average 4 hours of training per week, over 6 workouts. The lightest week is 3 hours, and the hardest has 5:15 of training.
This plan is also available as versions where heart rate and/or pace zones are used to determine intensity. See https://www.trainingpeaks.com/coach/mikael-eriksson.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.