9 week Beginner Sprint Triathlon Training Plan
Sara Crawford, Nitro Triathlon Coaching LLCAll plans by this Coach
This 9 week sprint triathlon training plan is perfect for the first time triathlete. All workouts are written in Zones using Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) with Zone 1 being very easy and Zone 5 being all out. Weekly training totals are 5-7hrs per week with 2 runs, 2 swims, 2 bikes, and 2 strength sessions. The plan is written as Tuesdays as a day off, but you can shift the training around to fit your own schedule. Try to keep each workout type separated by a day (i.e. don't swim, bike or run two days in a row - not counting transition runs). Each bike ride has a short transition run after it to get your legs used to running off the bike, which is one of the hardest things to learn. The running workouts start with a walk-run combination to ease you into the training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?