12 week Beginner Sprint Triathlon Training Plan
Derek DalzellAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week training plan geared towards first time sprint triathletes or beginner triathletes. The plan is written based on an effort scale.
100% is the athletes 1 hour maximum output. Most of the training days with this plan will be based around 50-60% effort which will help build fitness but not require a lot of extra recovery.
This plan is written assuming that the athlete understands how to swim at the basic level. All swim workouts focus on distance and effort, but not drills.
As the race/event gets closer, the duration and intensity of all three disciplines (swim/bike/run) will increase.
All of the running in this plan is structured in a way to accommodate all fitness levels (runners/walkers)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:25 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:12 hrs||2:10 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:25 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:12 hrs||2:10 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?