8 Week Sprint Plan for Beginners (Level 1)
Andrew DollarAll plans by this Coach
This is a simplified 8 week training plan for beginner triathletes. Athletes should possess a fundamental understanding of the 3 disciplines prior to starting.
Each week contains 2 swims, 2 bike and 3 runs. The swims start with 800 yards and build to 1500 yards. The runs range from 25 minutes to just over an hour. The rides begin with 30 minutes and increase to 90 minutes.
This plan will properly prepare an athlete for a sprint level triathlon: 4-600 yard swim, 12-13 mile bike and 3 mile run.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:28 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|1:15 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:40 hrs||1:25 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:28 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||1:15 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:40 hrs||1:25 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?