Nick de Meyer British Triathlon Federation level 3 Coach, Training Bible Master endurance coachAll plans by this Coach
This intermediate sprint triathlon plan is based on 400 hours volume per annum
Intermediate Sprint Triathlon Training Plan - 12 Week - HR
This plan is designed to make you go faster. 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work. The maximum volume is around 10 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.
Who is the plan for?
This program should be used for an athlete who is coming off a season where:
1.You have already completed several sprint races for an entire year
2.You have trained for at last 12 weeks prior to starting this program for at least 7-8 hours per week
3.Or, you have come off of your first season of Olympic distance
4.A combination of #3 and #1 or #2
This program is an intermediate plan designed to make you faster at sprint distance triathlons.
The schedule consists of 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?