16 week Beginner Olympic Triathlon Plan 5-8 hours
Jennifer MeyerAll plans by this Coach
TriSmart Training Systems has created a 16 week training plan designed to help a newer triathlete complete an Olympic distance triathlon. TriSmart has geared this program to someone who currently trains a few hours a week, can run 3-4 miles, bike 15 miles, swim 500 yards and can commit up to 8 hours per week in the hardest weeks. This plan can be used with a heart rate monitor but it is not necessary.
I have also included my race tips on race selection, nutrition and transitions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:53 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:21 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|2:38 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:53 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:21 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||2:38 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?