16 week Base Period Olympic Triathlon Intermediate
Jennifer MeyerAll plans by this Coach
TriSmart Training Systems has created a 16 week base training plan designed to help a triathlete prepare for their Olympic distance triathlon season. TriSmart has geared this program to someone who currently trains 4-6 hours a week, can run 6 miles at a time comfortably, cycle 20 miles comfortably, swim 1500 yards comfortably, and can commit up to 11 hours per week in the hardest weeks. This plan can be used with a heart rate monitor but it is not necessary.
This plan is also a great stepping stone to complete before attempting the Half Iron Base Building plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:25 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|1:49 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|3:48 hrs||2:15 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:25 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||1:49 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||3:48 hrs||2:15 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?