International (Olympic) Triathlon Training Plan (NOVICE, 16 Weeks), Email Support + Reusable
David Glover, MS, CSCS - More than 5,000 athletes have used my plans on TrainingPeaksAll plans by this Coach
Our Plan. Your Courage & Commitment. Success!
Designed for the NOVICE triathlete, this 16-week structured and periodized plan designed by USA Triathlon certified coach David Glover, MS, CSCS, this plan will prepare you for any International or Olympic-distance Triathlon (typically 1,500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run).
The plan includes 2 workouts each of swim, bike and run plus a BRICK and ranges from 4 to 8 hours (max) of training per week with Monday as the designated off day.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to complete the following workouts:
• Swim: 50 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 45 minutes
• Run: 30 minutes run or run/walk
For more information about this plan, please DOWNLOAD the Description Document.
• This training plan starts any Monday and should be set to end on Sunday of race weekend.
• You can reuse this training plan for future races.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:34 hrs||1:19 hrs|
|1:25 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:14 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:34 hrs||1:19 hrs|
||1:25 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:14 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?