Olympic Triathlon Plan for Women (NOVICE, 16 Weeks), Starts Anytime
Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
“It's never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Elliot
Especially designed for the NOVICE female age group triathletes with full time jobs and other commitments, this 16-week structured and periodized plan designed by USAT-certified coach Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCS will prepare you for any International/Olympic-distance Triathlon (typically 1,500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run). This plan includes scientifically designed workouts formulated from over 12 years of practical coaching and racing experience.
The plan includes 2 workouts each of swim, bike and run plus a BRICK and ranges from 3.5 to 8 hours (max) of training per week with Monday as the designated off day. Included also with this plan is a comprehensive downloadable training guide.
Athletes should be able to complete the following workouts prior to beginning the plan:
• Swim: 50 meters or yards continuously
• Bike: 45 minutes
• Run or Run/Walk: 30 minutes
Please note: This plan can be re-used in the future (change start or end date).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:35 hrs||1:19 hrs|
|1:24 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:13 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:35 hrs||1:19 hrs|
||1:24 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:13 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?