Olympic distance triathlon 12 week plan.
Dara WittenbergAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for the novice triathlete who wants to complete his or her first Olympic distance triathlon and can (in separate workouts) currently ride for 45 minutes, run for 30 minutes, and swim 200m without stopping.
We start with approximately 3.5 hours of training in week 1 and will build to between 6 and 8 hours of training.
Each discipline has at least two workouts per week, but only one workout a day on most weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?