TBC/ Olympic Distance - Power-Based: Build-Peak-Race Period (Advanced) 12-13 hrs/wk
Training Bible Coaching
This plan was designed by Joe Friel for the advanced Olympic-distance triathlete who trains with a powermeter and whose goal is to be competitive in his or her age group in a race in 12 weeks. The plan is based on the training principles and methods in Joe's book, The Triathletes Training BIble. Be sure to also read Training With Power at www2.trainingbible.com (click on Free Resources).
Weekly volume in most weeks is around 12-13 hours including 4-5 swims, bikes and runs each week plus strength maintenance once weekly. To start this plan you should be in at least your second year of racing having trained at 10 or more hours weekly in previous seasons.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.