Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This plan will help a beginner or intermediate triathlete prepare for an Olympic-distance triathlon (1500m swim, 25 mile bike, 6 mile run). Training volume progresses from 6-9 total hours.
If this is your first time training for an event of this distance and you're not already training consistently with 3-4 hours a week of endurance activity, we would recommend following the sprint distance training plan for the first 4 weeks before beginning this training plan. The sprint plan will help you to establish a consistent training routine and provide volume targets that will allow the body to adjust more easily to the increased training stress.
Check out the attached notes page for additional information that will help you to understand the workouts you will find in this plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?