Rachel Sears CasantaAll plans by this Coach
One of the challenges of the winter months is staying fit with a focus without going too hard or too hard and burning out. Rest and rejuvenation is important in the 'off season', but having a foundation of fitness maintained during this months makes for a great start to the upcoming year! This program is intended to help you stay motivated, moving and ready to start training in earnest upon its completion.
The purpose of this 12 week plan is multifold;
-help you get back into training gradually
-help you maintain fitness while scaling back to refresh and rejuvenate over the winter months
-keeping a balance in each triathlon discipline (swim/bike/run) at a lower volume to keep the body fresh
-establish habits and routines that you’ll want to carry over into the new season / coming year
-build a foundation of strength via the scheduled strength workouts
This plan has one rest day, 2 swims, 2 bikes, 2 runs and 3 strength sessions each week.
Swims distances range from 1200 to 2500 yards
Bikes workouts durations range from 40 minutes to 90 minutes
Run workouts duration range from 40 to 75 minutes
Strength sessions range from 10 to 30 minutes based your preference on the day.
Key bike and run workouts are Zwift compatible and written according to % of threshold heart rate or for specific sessions % of FTP.
For the best support from your coach, purchase this program directly on the Hypercat Racing website:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.