SuperFly CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This beginner-friendly, 12-week training plan is for the first- or second-year triathlete who is entered in an Olympic-distance Triathlon. Start this plan about 12 weeks before your race. Other than health confirmed by your physician and a strong desire to finish the race, there are no prerequisites for starting this training plan. The weekly training progresses gradually from 3 to about 6 hours per week usually including 2 swims, 2 bikes and 2 runs. After following this plan for a minimum of 12 weeks, on race day you will be able to swim 1500 meters, bike 40 kilometers (25 miles), and run 10km (6.2 miles). Based on Joe Friel's 25 years of coaching experience, the plan is written in simple language and easy to follow.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?