SuperFly Coaching - Olympic Base Period (Intermediate/OVER age 50) 10-13hrs/wk
SuperFly CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan guides the OVER 50-year-old, intermediate, Olympic-distance triathlete through the Base period in preparation for moving up to the Build period. The only difference between this and the UNDER 50 plan by the same name is how often recovery weeks are scheduled. In this plan they are every third week. In the UNDER 50 plab they every fourth week.
It uses the principles described in The Triathlete's Training Bible. This plan should be started 20 to 24 weeks before your first A-priority race. To start this plan you should be able to swim, bike or run about an hour. Weekly hours range from 10 to 13 with 6.5-hour rest/test weeks which help to gauge your progress. The plan is simple to follow using every day language to make the science of training easy.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:10 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|2:35 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|3:51 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:10 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||2:35 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||3:51 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?